3/13/11

A Faerie

My lovely and very observant wife has noticed on more than one occasion that I tend to draw more men then women. By that, she means about 95% of the time I draw men or at least male characters from a variety of species. She recently brought it up again and I felt it was time to make a change.
This is my first real attempt at drawing a faerie and my first real attempt at painting a woman since I graduated college 10 years ago.
I struggled through on this piece but I learned a lot while doing it and I plan on doing several more in the upcoming weeks.





Thanks for bearing with me while I relearn things I've forgotten over the past ten years. I'm trying to improve every day. Also, thanks for the nice comments and e-mails that have been sent my way. It's always nice to hear from people when they like something I'm doing.

Cheers,
K

No comments: